On September 21st, we gather for the second of the three salons in the final Intimacy Salon season of the year – and YOU are invited!
In previous salons, we have focused on learning how to ask for what we want (Season 1) as well as how to claim and honor boundaries (Season 2).
In Season 3, we have already begun to focus on applying the tools and skills we have been learning all year — in our relationships with one another.
And that’s the cool thing about making intimacy a practice. The space between any two or more people is the playground for growth and learning, as long as everyone brings the intention to let our relationships themselves be our guide.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
– A series of connection games designed to invite real time practice in authentic relating
– A supported space to explore asking for what you need in real time
– Opportunities to engage boundary setting and be celebrated for doing so
– A focus on trust building in a facilitated container
– The invitation to tailor the experience to work on the areas of relating that may be most challenging for you
In previous salons and more in keeping with the traditional salon format, I have given a short lecture on a particular theme that we have explored as a group.
Rather than a slide show being the focus, this season, your own heart and relational process will be the teacher.
This is a once a month event. The final date is:
Participants are encouraged to attend all three sessions. The third session will be closed to drop ins and only open to participants who have attended at least one of the previous two meetings. I recommend committing to all three, monthly events to get the full benefit.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS RIGHT FOR ME?
– You enjoy learning and growing in groups
– You feel capable of stretching beyond your comfort zone to come more alive
– You have some basic familiarity with authentic relating, circling or a similar, relational modality (not essential but helpful)
– You can commit to at least two of the three sessions
In between meetings, you will be assigned a “buddy” from the group with whom to do the take home practices. With practice, what may have seemed out of reach in relating can become more and more possible.
I hope you will join us for this three-part, “Intimacy Laboratory”, to grow your ability to connect with others and allow others to connect with you.
** This will be my final on-line event for 2022. **
Photo by Liam Burnett-Blue on Unsplash