Join me for a six-session, outdoor summer series where we will cultivate, practice and embody the skills necessary to connect over difference.
Starting June 9th, we will meet outdoors every other Wednesday during June, July and August in a spacious, 3-acre private residence in Chimacum, WA. Final gathering will be August 18th.
Please plan to commit to attending at least 4 of the 6 sessions and ideally all six. Event will be capped at 18 participants.
MORE ABOUT THIS EVENT:
This past year, our communities have grown divided on a range of charged topics. From vaccinations to masks to racism, the fabric of our connections has been frayed.
This summer series will be dedicated to discovering together what it takes to talk to people who hold views different than our own without getting triggered, damaging relationships or denying belonging for anyone. The aim is for each participant to grow their capacity to deepen connection through difference. We will draw from a range of communication, embodiment, self-reflection and improvisation tools over the course of this journey.
SKILLS WE WILL FOCUS ON:
– Settling the nervous system through body-based practices
– Reflecting on where bias and projection come from in our own biography
– Accessing empathy for self and for others
– Identifying the difference between projection and reality
– Cultivating curiosity for the present moment and one another
– Growing the ability to improvise by sourcing the present moment with wonder
Dr. Jessica Tartaro, Intimacy Coach & Connection Facilitator, in collaboration with a small handful of local educators will be guiding and facilitating this journey. Facilitator bio below.
IN THIS SPEAKUP SUMMER SERIES, YOU CAN EXPECT:
– relationship building
– heart connections
THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU IF:
– You have attended SpeakUP before and feel ready to dive deeper into the growth and learning possible through connection exercises
– You have a basic practice of conscious communication and would like to diversity your skills
– You are familiar with group learning and are willing to practice sharing in a group circle even if you may not know others in the circle well at first
– You have a background of personal growth and development and want to build on that with relationship-centered growth and development
– You know that challenge, held well, can lead to growth and you are willing to lean into uncomfortable moments in order to learn and expand
– You have a basic relationship with embodiment – eg moving in your body consciously
– You feel concerned about the faltering state of our community’s cohesiveness and want to be part of the glue that binds us back together
THIS EVENT IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
– You want to be right and prove your knowledge about major social issues over and above working towards connection with people who may not share your views
– Your nervous system gets dysregulated easily especially in groups
– You have never done group learning before and feel overwhelmed in group settings
– Improvisation completely terrifies you
– You know you have a volatile temper and haven’t yet been able to manage that
– You have never heard of embodiment practices
– You think that freestyle movement to music would be torture
If you feel unsure whether or not this series is for you, email me at DrTartaro@gmail.com and during a short phone call, I can help you decide.
I myself don’t have all the answers for how to ground and connect where there is potential conflict and division. But I have the feeling that together, we can cultivate and refine the basic tools to support mending where our community has been torn the previous year. I hope you will register and join this journey!
June 9th, June 23rd, July 7th, July 21st, August 4th & August 18th
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION:
Each individual session is $15. Payment for the full series is $75. You must attend a minimum of 4 sessions to participate.
To register, send payment to “Jessica-Tartaro” via Venmo. Or mail a check to 3663 West Valley, Road, Chimacum, WA 98325. Payment button on my website coming soon.
Event address will be shared with registered participants.
I look forward to connecting, growing and learning with you this summer!
Photo by Aarón Blanco Tejedor on Unsplash
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
Dr. Jessica Tartaro (she/her) is a cis-gendered, able bodied, second generation Sicilian Jewish Intimacy Coach & Connection Facilitator who brings to her teaching nearly 20 years of experience in the healing arts facilitating individuals, couples and groups. Through her one-of-a-kind workshops, Jessica powerfully weaves together the influences of Authentic Relating, positive psychology, psycho-education, trauma-sensitivity, experiential learning, mindful embodiment and conscious intimacy. Plus, she loves to play. Former Fulbright scholar, Jessica has founded communities across the country dedicated to healing the collective experience of belonging. On the Olympic Peninsula of Washington where she currently lives, Jessica produces the weekly intimacy podcast “Under 10” through which she shares simple tools to heal and grow your relationships. To stay current on her evolving offerings and inquire about her private coaching and public speaking, go to www.DrJessicaTartaro.com.